(Source: University of Iowa Professional & Scientific Jobs Listing)
This position will function as office manager and coordinator of Digital Studio for Public Arts and Humanities activities, participate in the development of the annual budget and monitor transactions, work with Studio researchers, scholars and visitors and coordinate and collaborate on the development of symposia, seminars and meetings, coordinate competitive grant award programs, and serve as the HR unit contact. The Studio, an initiative of the Office of the Provost, was launched in fall 2011 to support innovative research in the humanities, in conjunction with Public Humanities in a Digital World, a campus-wide faculty cluster initiative. With the announcement of the Public Digital Arts Faculty Cluster Initiative, the Studio now also supports research in the arts.
Operational Support and Management
- Supports the day-to-day operational and programmatic needs of the Studio and contributes to office administration improvements and best practices.
- Provides support for grant development.
- Assists with planning of Studio events and programs.
- Manages schedules, draft correspondence, and make travel arrangements.
- Initiates HR transactions and function as first point of contact for HR related questions.
- Exercises knowledge of HR policies and procedures and provide basic guidance and advice.
- Initiates purchasing requests for supplies and equipment.
- Monitors accounts/expenditures; reconcile statements.
- Determines appropriateness of expenditures and contract or grant requirements.
- Primary contact for Studio in providing information and responding to inquiries. Gathers and provides information using available resources.
- Prepares and administer correspondence.
- Coordinates distribution of internal and external communication.
- Serves as main contact to faculty, staff, and students concerning inquiries requiring interpretation of policies, procedures and programs.