Each year at the World Wide Developers Conference, Apple reviews their progress over the previous year by presenting some impressive (and often mind boggling) data about software downloads, music purchases, and store sales.
Here are some of the numbers presented this year:
- There are over 6 million registered Apple software developers with 1.5 million of those having joined in 2012.
- The WWDC event sold out in 71 seconds.
- Over 1 million people per day visit an Apple store.
- Tens of thousands of school children visit Apple stores on field trips every year.
- There are 407 Apple stores in 14 countries.
- Over 50 billion software programs have been downloaded from the App Store is 5 years old.
- There are 900,000 apps in the App Store.
- There are 375,000 iPad apps in the App Store.
- There are 575 million people with store accounts at Apple.
- Apple has paid $10 billion to software developers, with $5 billion of that paid in just the last year. That’s 300% more than the revenue from Android and all other mobile OS systems combined.
- There are 72 Million Apple Mac computers in use.
- The iMac announced last year is the #1 desktop computer in the U.S..
- The Macbook is the #1 notebook computer in the U.S.
- Over the past 5 years, Apple has a 15% growth rate versus 3% for Windows. During that time, Mac has grown 100%, but Windows has grown 18% total.
- Mountain Lion OS sold 28 million copies.
- Mountain Lion is in use by 35% of users, but Windows 8 is less than 5% of Windows users.